Monday, December 12, 2011

My Weekend/My Fave Tracks

I'm back!

On Saturday my family held a garage sale.  It was a lot of work! We had a lot of stuff we never use to sell! It was a success and we gave all the items that were not sold to charity. 

After the garage sale we all drove up to Stockton so I could coach some drivers who were testing to get on my team on Sunday. After coaching, I got to test one of my teams NASCAR Modifieds. Had a blast! Stockton 99 Speedway is my second favorite track behind the Las Vegas Bullring and tied with the infamous track in Blythe. I enjoy the kind of tracks that are unique and require a different line at each end of the track.  

The Las Vegas Bullring is an extremely fast track in a Ford Focus Midget.  It's exhilarating and you must be completely focused when racing there. I also had my first USAC win at the Bullring! 

Las Vegas Bullring


The I-10 Speedway in Blythe is the weirdest track I have ever been on! it is hardly banked and the straightest parts of the track are the front straight away and a 20 foot section between turns 3 and 4.  And they call it an oval!! Anyways, many people are scared of the track in Blythe because of its odd proportions and the speed that we carry on it. Many cars have been totaled there but I love the track and think it's a blast!

I-10 Speedway at Blythe


Stockton 99 is a fun track that gets a good crowd too! The proportions are interesting.  It looks like a paperclip from above but the corners are all very different. Turns 1 and 2 seem less banked than turns 3 and 4 and it is faster to run the bottom. In turns 3 and 4 it is faster from the middle to the outside line.  I like this because the turns aren't similar at all, and that makes it easier to be consistent. 

Stockton 99 Speedway
Thanks for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment